Well for those that don't already know, we spent last Friday to Monday in the hospital with Sophia. Many have asked what happened, so I'll give you the rundown. It started the week before... she had thrown up all Sat. night. We thought it was the stomach bug that was going around. She got better (we thought), but by Thurs. at school, I was called up because she wouldn't stop crying. She never does that, which freaked out her teachers. She had a 102 temp. so I took her to the doc., but had to see a different doc. (which I will never see again). She spent about 1 whole min. checking on Sophia and said oh its a virus and left. Well Thurs. at midnight was the last time she nursed. I took her again to see our doc. on Fri. He said it was a virus that causes sores in her throat, but she also had a very bad ear infection... I was so mad at the other doc!!!! I told him about what she had said, but of course he can't say anything since they work together but I was mad. So he gave us meds for the ears and throat. Anyway, she had not had a wet diaper since 9:30 that morning, and it was like 2:00 when we went to the doc. He considered sending us to get fluids then, but hoped the meds for her throat would allow her to start eating. About 8:00 that night we called the doc. on call because it had been 20 hrs. since she had eaten anything, 11 hrs since any wet diapers, and she had only been awake about 45 mins. throughout the whole day. BAD NEWS!! So they called the hospital and sent us up. I thought we would be there a few hours for the fluids then sent home, so I was NOT prepared to say the least. They stuck her about 6 times trying to get the IV in, but she was so dehydrated they ended up calling a nursery nurse to put it in her head... she looked so pitiful. Anyway, they gave her meds. through the IV every 12 hrs. and constant fluids. She finally decided to start eating Sun. night, so she went from Thurs. night till Sun. night living on the IV fluids... glad we went!!! We got released on Monday since she was finally eating. So that is the story of our crazy weekend. Thanks for all the prayers and phone calls I got. Everyone was super nice bringing me coffee and Sonic drinks... you guys know me so well. Ha ha!! Love you all!!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Oh no Lori! I am sorry to hear your baby girl was sick! I hope she gets to feeling better really soon! I will keep her in my prayers!
I found out through my sister who saw Brooke's comment about praying for Sophia on Facebook. I really need to get a Facebook account so I can keep up!!!
I'm so sorry she had to go through all of that. I've been praying for you guys and hope that Sophia (and the rest of you!) get back to feeling better!!
What a nightmare! I'm so sorry y'all had to go through all that, and I'm so glad she is feeling better.
Wow! What an ordeal. I hope she continues to recover quickly and will keep you guys in my prayers!
Lori, so sorry she went through all of that. NO fun! Glad to hear she is better!
I thought they only did those head IVs on NICU babies. How sad. She must've been miserable. I hope you guys are all recovering!!!
Wow I can't imagine how hard that was on all of you, bless her little heart. How is she doing now?
Scary, glad she is doing better. What a tough few days to go through.
Post a Comment