We took a little family trip to the Rattlesnake round-up today. It was lots of fun, but if you don't like snakes, you may want to skip the pictures. They had a ridiculous amount of snakes, which I thought was awesome. The shopping was really good too, tons of booths with jewelry and purses which are my biggest temptations. The carnival was there (which we didn't get any pictures of, don't know why). And the best part, as always, the food!!! You can't beat the super fatty foods you find at places like this. We had the huge turkey legs and roasted corn, probably as healthy as it gets. It was a fun little day trip though. Nice to get away for the day as a family. Enjoy the pictures.... Yes, those are all rattlesnakes - crazy I know!!!
Faith's favorite part I think. She ate pretty much the whole thing.
Ok this was even gross for me. They are skinning them, and notice that 2 are kids.
Another pic of ONE of the snake pits, there were so many snakes.
Big fangs, if you can see them. The one near the guys shirt is the easiest to see.



10 comments:
Ok that's just gross! lol Where was this? I used to go as a kid to Rattlesnake roundups in Freer.
you are braver than I!
Those picutres give me the heeby-geebys!! But, it looks like it was some quality family time anyway:)
YUCK!!!! I'm with Faith, the food would be my favorite part.
Rattle Snakes? Yikes girl...you are very brave. I keep up with you guys on your blog. You have been very busy lately. I would love to see you. I bet your getting bigger! I take great pregnancy photos. Just did one today and they came out wonderful with her and her husband and 19 months old son. If you ever want to do pregnancy photos, let me know. On my blog there is a link to my portfolio pages to get an idea of what I do. But either way I would love to see you. When you get back, k? I need your number...e-mail it to me? ibgphotography@aol.com
I love the new blog look! You are very brave! Devin would love the rattlesnake roundup!
I cannot believe you went to the Rattlesnake roundup. Girl. No you didn't. Crazy, crazy, crazy. Looks like you guys had a great time though.
OH my! I could NEVER! I am deathly afraid of snakes! Just the pictures gave me chills! Ahhhh! So I started a blog too...check it out! Hope all is well and look forward to reading your updates!
http://jdbrogersfamily.blogspot.com
Wow! I can't imagine why you would brave that. Gives me chills just looking at the pictures. I hate snakes!!!
Awesome! I used to go to the Rattlesnake Roundup when I was a kid. Did you try eating any rattlesnake? It tastes like chicken.
Post a Comment